Monday, February 7, 2011

Lesson on Work and Responsibility

This Sunday I get to teach the women about Work and Responsibility (ch. 27 Gospel Principles). The scripture I am having people ponder is Mosiah 2:17, "And behold, I tell you these things that ye may learn wisdom; that ye may learn that when ye are in the service of your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God." and how it relates to the work we do every single day.
As a Mom its easy to see how if I'm working for my children its serving the Lord. Its harder to see somethings when I'm scrubbing the inside of a toilet. However, with this attitude constantly in mind, I believe it would greatly change the way I do work.
I also liked this quote from the manual from the prophet, "President David O. McKay said, 'Let us realize that the privilege to work is a gift, that the power to work is a blessing, that the love of work is success' (Pathways to Happiness [1957], 381)."

Any thoughts you might share on this or any part of the lesson would be greatly appreciated as I love hearing different perspectives. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining me in this adventure!