Monday, May 16, 2011

Lesson #34: Developing Our Talents

Developing Our Talents has been a little harder to find articles for that are by apostles or prophets or in General Conference.  Here's a start.  I'll see if I can find some more.


"Every Good Gift" by Elder Robert D. Hales- "Jesus Christ, the Creator of this earth, has shown us the powerful potential of creativity.... it is not wrong to seek earnestly for the best gifts if we do it for the right reasons.

Too often, however, those who possess great talents are selfish and do not use their gifts for the benefit of others. And more importantly, they do not acknowledge that these gifts are God-given."
"Developing Our Talent for Spirituality" by Sister Carol B. Thomas (1st counselor in YW General Presidency in 2001)- This is a General Conference talk. Elder Bruce R. McConkie of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles once said, “Above all talents … , chief among all endowments—stands the talent for spirituality.”


I found one more that I like:
"I Believe I Can, I Knew I Could" By President James E. Faust- Includes the summary of "The Little Engine That Could" and the parable of the Talents.  Has some good points and motivation.  


Good luck! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining me in this adventure!