Sunday, July 31, 2011

Gospel Principles Chapter 41: The Postmortal Spirit World

You can find Lesson 41 here.  And here are the articles that I found may be helpful- all by apostles and prophets:
"Doors of Death" by Elder Russell M. Nelson- A basic overview of the last part of the plan of salvation including how family ties continue.  
"Because I Live, Ye Shall Live Also" by President Ezra Taft Benson- Includes talk about life after death but also a testimony of the resurrection of Jesus Christ, Joseph Smith's vision and how it was revealed to him how families are forever, and the temple work we can do for others.
"What Happens When I Die?"- This is a video of testimony and brief explanation that there is life after death.
"May We So Live" by President Thomas S. Monson- The darkness of death can be overcome with the light of revealed truths.  He also goes on to talk about how we need to use now to the best of our ability so when our time does come, there will be little regrets.
"Hopeless Dawn- Joyful Morning" by President Thomas S. Monson- To know what happens after we die brings great comfort to those of us left behind.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much! This is exactly what I need to prepare this lesson for relief society. It is so much better than someone's opinion, to have references to leaders talks. this way I can pick what to emphasize and make it fit my ward.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear. That's exactly what I was hoping!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining me in this adventure!